Mark Sivy: BIO BRIEF
During his career, Mark has gained experience, skills, and knowledge in the fields of learning and development, leadership, and human interaction. Additionally, he’s achieved expertise in many sub-areas of specialization. He now continues to merge his background with ongoing practice, research, and innovation as a means to meet professional obligations and to contribute to organization effectiveness and success.
Mark Sivy: SPECIALIZATIONS
- Learning and development
- Organization leadership and operations
- Learning and leadership theory
- In-person, online and blended learning
- Instructional design
- Learning technology and e-learning
- Assessment, evaluation and data analysis
- Instructional systems technology (HPT)
- Communication (written, oral, and virtual)
- Collaboration and cross-functional teams
- Complex analysis and problem-solving
- Critical, abstract and creative thinking
- Evidence-based research and practice
- Project, knowledge and innovation management
Mark Sivy: ACCOMPLISHMENT EXAMPLES
- Increased a learning program’s enrollment by over 1200% through the use of innovative instructional design, implementation of educational technologies, and accommodation of learner diversity.
- Established a comprehensive online learning program for over 1,400 staff members and 21,000 end-users.
- Led cross-disciplinary teams to create a digital media center, a hands-on instructional technology training and development lab, and a digital learning commons.
- Planned and developed multiple virtual learning environments for a state community college system comprised of 52 institutions and used the environments to host college classes and offer online professional development, training, coaching, and support for instructors and leaders.
- Hosted and co-directed an annual three-day concurrent session global virtual conference.
- Directed a global team that delivered a two-day workshop on entrepreneurial and technological skills to an international group of learners assembled in the Middle East (volunteer work).
Mark Sivy: EDUCATION
- University Of North Carolina at Charlotte / Charlotte, NC
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.), Educational Leadership
- Specialization in Instructional Systems Technology (HPT)
- Dissertation Topic – State-Led Virtual School Senior Leaders: An Exploratory Study
- University Of Houston / Houston, TX
- Master of Education (M.Ed.), Curriculum and Instruction
- Texas A&M University / College Station, TX
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Geology
Mark Sivy: PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE – LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
- Senior Learning and Development Specialist (current position) – Cosmic Surrounding Technology
- Learning and Development Consultant (current position) – V-Learning by Design
- Executive Director of Instructional Technology Services – Central Piedmont Community College
- Associate Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning – University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- E-Learning Systems Administrator – University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Chief Information Officer – Cleveland County Schools (K-12)
- Science Instructor – Cleveland County Schools, Katy Independent School District
Mark Sivy: PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE – OTHER
- Director of the Center for Research and Evaluation – Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
- Graduate Research Assistant – University of North Carolina at Charlotte’s Urban Institute
- Geophysicist – Cities Service Oil and Gas Corporation (Oxy)
For more detail about Mark Sivy, please visit the following: